This program will only work for experiment acquired on a Bruker instrument running Topspin (tested for 2.0 to 3.2)
- Acquire your DOSY as usual, using a sequence from the standard library (check the How-To for hints on acquisition).
- set the processing parameters for the F2 (classic) dimension to your taste. (favor SNR to resolution, and avoid having too many points in F2)
- Process it in the F2 dimension with the XF2 command
- create a zipfile containing the whole experiment at the expno level,
that is, if your experiment is data_dir/user_name/nmr/project_name/expno/pdata/procno
zip the whole expno folder (remarks: -there should be only one procno in the experiment; - only the 2rr, difflist and parameter files are used, the ser and 2ii files are not required and you may remove them before zipping if you wish)
- Some Diffusion coefficients typical values:
- solvents are usually within 2000 (water) to 5000 $\mu$m2/s
- small organic molecules are usually within 200 to 1000 $\mu$m2/s
- proteins are usually within 50 (globular proteins) to 200 (peptides) $\mu$m2/s
- polymers can presen wide diffusion distributions...
- The program only handles $^1$H data-set for the moment (we're working on it)
- No need to use a lot of point in the F2 horizontal dimension.
4k-8k points are usually enough, and make nicer spectra than a larger size (and faster too!).
- The program should give reliable diffusion coefficients to the condition that your spectrometer was correctly calibrated (SETPRE) and if you are using a pulse sequence from the standard library.